Re: Failure to build 68060 kernel (need -O2)

Hi,

> > As of January, I have to comment out COPTS and COPTFLAGS. It's a little
> > strange that something like that would change, and it's more strange since
> > I can't see why pmap.o would end up without functions such as DCIS_60 and
> > friends.
>
>   Maybe you compile *without* optimization? In that case the compiler won't
>   inline the cacheops because the use "extern inline".

Hmmm. You mean if I stick an -O2 in there, it might work?

Ok, tried that. Built a kernel. Kernel runs. Kernel is much smaller:

1789556 Jul  6 15:07 netbsd
2648433 Jun 24 16:58 netbsd.bad

Also, the older, bad kernel crashed twice - once when the machine was
extremely loaded, and once when I tried to run ifconfig gif0 destroy.

Both times the system remained pingable, but was otherwise dead.

Oh, well. Live and learn! I do remember someone mentioning that, in spite
of the fact that COPTS+= implies that you are adding to the list of COPTS,
that it replaces the default, so -O2 would come out. I guess I forgot.

Thanks,
John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs