Re: idesc driver

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 09:12:10PM +0200, Ilpo Ruotsalainen wrote:
> What I'm wondering is, should I request pullup to 1.6? Personally I
> think idesc should *die* at least from -current as we have wdc_amiga
> which is *much* better.

I think this is a good idea - although it is source-only; we don't ship
1.6 with any idesc drivers. Of couse, you would need to make sure the
pulled up version would compile and boot and run on the 1.6 branch, even
if it isn't in any of the provided configrations.

In the post-1.6 -current, I intended to kill idesc.

We shipped some 1.5ish release with an alternative wdc kernel, but
1.6 has only shipped with wdc binaries.

> (I think there was a reasoning that idesc should be kept in 1.6 even
> though it's obsolete because the switch from sdX to wdX is pretty large
> change or something.)

Yes, more or less.

Regards,
        Ignatios