Re: Isn't the IDE-Doubler machine independent?

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Nicolas Bruno BASTIEN wrote:
My opinion is that you guess well. Let's keep it confined to Amiga.
Most of other arch often have at least two IDE interfaces or can easily
get SCSI adapter. Amiga has only one IDE interface and it is not so easy
to have SCSI adapter (I am also thinking about BlizzardPPC SCSI that is still

"still NOT supported" is what I wanted to write, sorry

supported) so IDE doubler, that is somehow a good thing, would be useful
on Amiga, but on other arch ? I don't think so.

I guess too that doing it as Amiga specific would be easier for NetBSD maintener
than doing it as generic, wouldn't it ?

--
Nicolas Bruno BASTIEN