Re: X vs. ECS

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Ilpo Ruotsalainen wrote:
> Try running "X -dev /dev/grf0". That works for me, kinda.

That works, thanks.

But shouldn't it work without that?
Maybe that's a bug in Xamiga, which tries grf[9-1] and the goes to view00
etc. before even trying grf0?

> (Although the X server doesn't seem to like me too much, or it could be
> my scandoubler that doen't like something, but anyway running that gives
> me an X that isn't even remotely usable :/)

Maybe playing with iteconfig to change resolution helps?
Assuming Custom chipset, I don't know about console on gfx boards on
NetBSD/amiga.

> That 'no screens found' reminds me a lot of an error XF86 gives if your
> config file is missing important things, but I dunno if the Xamiga
> server has anything to do with XF86 so this is just idle speculation...

No, that's the message you get if none of the 'views' pseudo-devices gets
found. Aparently that's not the actual problem here actually, as they are
found, just that Xamiga can't use them.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html