Re: 1.6 & -current miniroot: grey screen after loading kernel

        Hi,

I have the same problem here (a1200, 8M at 0x200000).

It is actually a bug in the way we setup the MMU registers on the '030
during bootstrapping in amiga_init.c:start_c(). Some things overlap
and it makes the kernel fail right away.

We looked a little bit at the problem with Ignatios (eh, like, one year
ago?) but we both don't have much time and Ignatios is not bitten by
the problem on his machines so it's hard for him to debug it anyway.

Two short-term solutions:
 You can use the -k option to boot with only 4M of RAM, but I suspect
 the miniroot won't boot with only 4M.

 You can build a smaller kernel tailored to your machine. ISTR that
 the limit where bad things happen is 2M for the kernel size.

Ignatios had a patch for loadbsd to fake two segments of 7M/1M. I
can't find it anymore, but maybe he has it somewhere?

I'll try to undust my Amiga and/or read the awful start_c() thoroughly
in a couple of weeks, but my PhD is draining a lot of time and energy
this year...

Kind regards,
 Aymeric