Re: Adding gspa binary output (was: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/arch/amiga)

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 03:01:15PM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:
> Bernd Ernesti wrote:
>
> > Please ask Ignatios about this part.
> >
> > I can't find a mail now which describes why we have to use the gspa
> > 'compiler'
> > and can't add a generated c file.
>
> I would also be interested in why the build broke in the first place.
>
> When I looked at this on sunday evening I could find no reason for the broken
> build mechanism on Amiga. My only guess, from the logfile on the releng
> machine:
>
>   gspa: not found
>   *** Error code 127
>
> gspa somehow disappeared from /usr/sbin/ on the build machine.

errr no... Michael Hitch reported the same, and as far as he analyzed, the
PATH for building was changed to exclude it.

Which is very reasonable for a building machine.

In this special case, gspa would be machine independent, but not OS
independent; we can't rely on it being available, so it would have to be
a host tool. It's certainly more reasonable to carry around the created
microcode.

seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/