CNet CN40BC PCMCIA Ethernet card works on Amiga 1200 under NetBSD 1.5.2

Hi all,

I'm quite pleased to have got my CNet CN40BC 10baseT/10base2 PCMCIA Ethernet
card going on my A1200 under NetBSD 1.5.2 today.  Following Jukka Andberg's
lead, I just went in and edited the files "if_ne_pcmcia.c" and  "pcmciadevs" in
the /sys/dev/pcmcia directory.  Here are the diffs:

if_ne_pcmcia.c:
<<<<
101a102,106
>     { PCMCIA_STR_CNET_CN40BC,
>       PCMCIA_VENDOR_INVALID, PCMCIA_PRODUCT_INVALID,
>       PCMCIA_CIS_CNET_CN40BC,
>       0, -1, { 0x00, 0x80, 0xad } },

pcmciadevs:
<<<<
74a75
> vendor CNET                   0x80ad  CNet Technology Inc.
82a84

306a309
> product CNET CN40BC           { "CNet", "CN40BC&spEthernet", "D", "NE2000" }
> CNet CN40BC

Looks like you also have to remake the PCMCIA device list headers from the
"pcmciadevs" source file after you apply the changes, by executing the
following in the /sys/dev/pcmcia dir:

# make -f Makefile.pcmciadevs

Here's what dmesg has to say about it:
<<<<
pccard0 at mainbus0
pcmcia0 at pccard0
Unknown kind of PCMCIA memory (amiga/dev/pccard.c)
pcmcia0: CIS version PCMCIA 2.0 or 2.1
pcmcia0: CIS info: CNet, CN40BC Ethernet, D, NE2000
pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0xffffffff, product 0xffffffff
pcmcia0: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr 3f8 mask 3
pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 32: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask 5,
iospace 0-1f; mwait_required io8 io16 irq level
ne0 at pcmcia0 function 0
ne0: CNet CN40BC Ethernet
ne0: Ethernet address 00:80:ad:c6:71:fb

And here are the relevant kernel options I used:
<<<<
options         PCMCIAVERBOSE   # Verbose PCMCIA messages
pccard0         at mainbus0
pcmcia*         at pccard0
ne*             at pcmcia? function ?           # NE2000-compatible Ethernet

Seems to work pretty nicely...xfer rates of ~830 kB/s with FTP, ~730 kB/s using
NFS (and this is partly limited by my hard disk speed).
--
Chris Edwards
cme at ihug dot co dot nz