Problems with 1.5.1 - lack of information

Hello,

As Al Zick has pointed out, and some other people on various lists, there
were some problems with the source tree sometime shortly after 1.5.1 came
out.

I had random crashing problems on several different machines, including
two 68060 Amigas and three 68040 Macs, and Al's problems, I'm pretty sure,
came as a result of using a source tree for his kernel from around the
same time.

The problems have been fixed (all of my m68k machines are all completely
stable since getting recent source trees and rebuilding everything), but
it would be nice to know what was causing the problems.

The debuggers never worked in any of the machines that crashed with these
shortly-after-1.5.1 trees, so I never sent a pr.

But has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what it was related
to?

Al - I'd suggest supping the release-1-5 tree (1.5.2 now), rebuilding
everything from scratch with those kernel options, and trying that.

Since getting a fixed tree, my colocated server has been up for 42 days,
serving more than 100 gigs of traffic, supporting (on Tuesday) over 30
simultaneous users, with an average of 10 users on at any moment, running
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Apache, sendmail, BIND, and more, and now running IPv6.

I think it's safe to call it stable!

John
sixgirls.org