Re: Problems with ldconfig

Hello,

I made links to libpng.so.1.2 - all others (to libpng.so, libpng.so.1 etc) I
found
in directory - so it must be work of some package.

Generally coz I hade mess in long used 1.42, few days ago I installed
from the beggining 1.4.3 - NetBSD, and next packages. Also mosaic,
which needs some version of library. I made link to newer library, made
ldconfig - and everything was ok. After few days appeared 1.5 - and
because of all changes, I decided to install it also from beggining. I
downloaded proper newer packages, and started installation. After all
works I made ldconfig. But when I started mosaic again - the message
apeeared about lack of library (and simmilar to few other applications).
Ive checked - they were in directories (and then I found this situation
with links). But in 1.4.3 ldconfig had no problems... After all checks I
found, that problem is in "invisibility" for ldconfig some libraries - and
all invisible libs has links.

I had no time to check libs without links - maybe during weekend, Im
very busy at work now. But maybe the problem lays in some envirnment
variables or simmilar... Because the rule is rather visible.

regards,

Stanislaw Szczygiel

>>> Ignatios Souvatzis <is%beverly.kleinbus.org@localhost> 12 December 2000
>>> 21:04:07 >>>
Please limit your lines to 72 characters.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 12:00:03PM +0100, Stanislaw Szczygiel wrote:

> only with part of libraries from this directory... It seems, that
> unvisible are all libs where links are, ex. I have libpng.so.1.3,
> and soft links to libpng.so, libpng.so.1, libpng.so.1.1 and
> libpng.so.1.2 - pointed to this libpng.so.1.3

Who did create those links? the libpng as installed by the package system
does not have them:

ls -l /usr/pkg/lib/libpng*
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  115818 Oct  2 01:05 /usr/pkg/lib/libpng.a
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel     632 Oct  2 01:05 /usr/pkg/lib/libpng.la
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  130728 Oct  2 01:05 /usr/pkg/lib/libpng.so.1.3