Re: Problems with grfconfig and PicassoIV

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Wait, you're talking about _text_ console mode?

Yes.

> Text modes _must_ have a "depth" field of 4, for that kind of devices, and
> installed into the console (err, 255) slot.
>
> I could have sworn that this is explained in at least one of (INSTALL.X11,
> man grfconfig), but it looks like I'm wrong... I'll change this for 1.5.1

I changed the depth field to 4, but it realy doesn´t help. There isn´t
anymore garbage that flickers all time, only when I press return letters
flash on wrong places.

Still about every second letter is not shown on display. Also line lenght
is not correct, line wraps too soon and therefore shell prompt is printed
twice on same line. When screen comes full of text, it messed up totaly.

I don´t know how to provice screen dump of text console. There must be
something badly wrong on /dev/grf3 device, if this does not happen on
other graphics cards or with AGA.

Regards
Petri Koistinen