Re: Blizzard SCSI kernel 1.4

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 10:25:15AM -0400, Patrick Lessard wrote:
> Tried everything, same problem. In fact it worked only once out of maybe
> 10 tries.
>
> Now I have a question about SCSI termination.
>
> Since I have no SCSI devices connected to the SCSI connector (DB25), do
> I need to put a termination to the DB25 externel connector???
>
> What kind of termination I need, Active or Passive??
>
> I want to keep the SCSI kit connected to add an extra memory simm.

wait... you don't have _anything_ connected to that bus, internal or external?
Thats an explanation.

Does the scsi kit have its own internal terminator?
In this case enable it... one might be just enough to prevent the bus hang.

Otherwise, adding a terminator at the outside will probably help.

If you have a passive one around, it will be enough for this purpose (but
not for fast scsi data transfers, once devices are connected; fast scsi
needs active termination.)