Load weirdness

Hello,

I have my new server colocated in a new location (the old server and colocation thing is a long story; perhaps I'll make a web page and send a link), and so far everything has been great.

It is an Amiga 4000 with a CyberStorm PPC, a 66 mhz 68060, and three SCSI drives running NetBSD 1.4.2.

Right now, I am experiencing some load weirdness; my load is hovering around 1.25 while the machine is practically idle. I usually run the distributed.net client, but it is not on right now.

As my previous server ran fine from December to August, I am aware of all of my daemons and services, and I've always investigated load weirdness, but I have not seen anything like this.

Could this be due to some sort of denial of service attack? Most of the ports in my inetd.conf are off, so of course I don't see any connections, but I wouldn't see connections from, say, a ping flood anyway.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
John Klos