Moving to 1.4.2

Hello,

I remember that some people discussed the fact that the 1.4.2 kernel is
significantly slower than the 1.4.1 kernel; the discussion was based upon
comparisons on 68040 processors. Ignatios even said this was a 68040 cache
issue.

Since I am running a production server, I do not have the luxury of
testing different kernels. However, I may be upgrading my server soon,
which means that if I'm going restart the computer, that is the time to do
it.

Does anyone know if the performance hit is as significant on 68060s as on
68040s? Or does it only affect 68040s?

Thanks,
John Klos