Re: Pixelclock too high

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 07:55:49AM +0200, Georges Heinesch wrote:
> Quoting Ignatios Souvatzis (29-Jun-00 20:25:38):

> >> Do I harm the CV64 in any respect (hardware wise) when I use modes
> >> which go above this 25% increase limit? I can use these modi under
> >> AmigaOS without any problem.
>
> >> Citing Bernd:

> > Translation: the chip vendor says that you'll eventually fry the
> > chip doing so.
>
> That's a reason not to exaggerate. Thx.

Not exactly.

That's a reason not to go past the published limits at all.

If some card vendor think they can distribute drivers that exceed the limit,
and this results in a fried card, I guess they can give the user a new board
in exchange (if they really think they know this won't happen most of the
time). As a hobbyist distributing a replacement OS, I can't do this.

So I think CV_AGGRESSIVE_TIMING should go away completely.