Re: CSPPC SCSI hangs

> While booting up with -I 0xffff00, NetBSD is able to take the *.tgz
> files from the viking (which is connected to the CSPPC SCSI). So this
> really seems to work!
>
> I have the impression (not sure at all!) that my final external
> device, the HP 6200C scanner doesn't terminate properly (=actively?).
> The docs say it is supposed to terminate actively, but I'm not sure at
> all.
>
> At least, we do know now that it works with sync off.

You have an issue with termination. The scanner probably does terminate
properly, but as it's not a wide device, it won't terminate the wide
portion of the SCSI bus.

I have never found an adapter to go from wide SCSI to narrow SCSI that
terminates just the upper 8 lines (plus one control line), but it is said
that they exist. I made one with a variable-control voltage regulator, but
you can use a wide-to-narrow adapter that has active termination on all of
the lines. It is acceptible to have the lower lines terminated at the
adapter so long as it's active termination.

Good luck!
John Klos