Re: CSPPC question

Georges Heinesch <ghmlist%attglobal.net@localhost> wrote:

> The problem here is that I would like to use BFFS 1.5 beta. When I
> startup NetBSD with the bootblock, I have to select "automount" in
> HDToolBox. By doing so, I can't mount the root partition with BFFS
> since it is already mounted. Hence, I prefer to startup with
> "loadbsd".

You could install BFFSFilesystem in the RDB. (note that you will need one
copy per unique dostype) I'm not sure how well this works, never tried
it. As 1.5 is still labeled beta I'd back up the RDB to floppy first,
together with an application to restore it. (word of warning: the AmigaOS
3.5 HDToolBox screwed up my RDB once when I did a backup/restore)

It is also possible to dismount the RDB-mounted partition in the
Startup-Sequence (Assign <partition>: DISMOUNT) if you want to mount it
manually when you need it. This method isn't very clean, though. If you
choose it then you should probably do it very early, before any apps peek
at the partition. Otherwise you might experience crashes.