Re: HDToolBox Identifier

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 04:24:58PM +0100, Eirik Nicolai Synnes wrote:
> If you are using BFFS 1.3 (the one on Aminet) I suggest you get the 1.5
> beta as it has several bugfixes and better documentation. You can find it
> at ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/amiga/unix/netbsd/tools/

To make it more clear:

BFFS 1.3 can't understand the NetBSD-1.1 and later (or even 1.0 and later?)
extensions, partially from 4.4BSD. Thats why you should never use it in
read-write mode, unless you created the file system with newfs -o.

BFFS 1.4 was read-only always, as a workaround.
BFFS 1.5beta is reasonably save (although AmigaOS never really unmounts, so
the clean flag is erased when NetBSD gets to the disk again, so you always
fsck when BFFS has touched it).