Re: A2000 hardware supported by NetBSD

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, [iso-8859-1] Tim Walls wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have an ancient Miggy gathering dust which I mean to dig up
> at some point in the near future...
>
> The box in question is an A2000 with an 030 (IIRC) accelerator card
> and a load of extra RAM, and an A2091 (if memory serves me
> correctly) SCSI card.
>
> Currently, it runs NetBSD-1.0 (that's how long it is since it
> was last used /-).
>

> Now, if it's going to stand any chance of resurrection and
> serving a useful purpose, it's going to need a few things done
> to it; specifically...

 You should be able to find all you need. It may just cost
more than you want to spend. :(

You might have to get somethings used.  For example, I have
a Ariadne ethernet, and CyberVision 643D video card.  Both of
which work fine with NetBSD 1.4.1.  But the Ariadne has been
replaced by the Ariadne II, which is supported AFAIK.  The
CV643D may no longer be made.  I'm sure you can get a video
card, though I'm not certain of the currently the available
models.

I know there is a keyboard hardware hack to connect a PC
keyboard.  You may even check www.softhut.com for a
commercial item.

Fred