Re: V1.4.1 Compile Problem

[Dennis, can you please limit your line length next time? And delete the part
 of the mail that you're not directly referring to? Thanks.]

On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 12:21:19PM -0600, Dennis Langenfeld wrote:

> I no longer have those files.  I got a successful compile after
> getting the source files from the -released sources and creating
> a custom config file from AMIGA instead of GENERIC.

Fine. :-)

> BTW, also ran into a problem trying to install the kde package
> from the NetBSD Amiga CDROM that I bought through the link provided
> on the NetBSD site.  It will not install directly from the CD,
> e.g., 'pkg_add ked-1.1.1.tgz' because it cannot find the dependent
> packages on the CD. Had to manually hunt down and install the
> dependent packages first. According to the Packages.txt document,
> Section 1.1 Where To Get, all the packages are in the All directory
> under /pub/NetBSD/packages/<machine> and the CDROM is supposed to
> have the same directory structure.  Not so.  By following the
> directions in the How To with the CD it got stuck in a loop saying
> dependent packages not installed and unable to load the kde packages
> and repeating the process with the kde packages identified in the
> kde-1.1.1.tgz install package.  FYI, don't expect you to do anything
> about it.

What CD-ROM? Hm... somebody mentioned that the Amiga Unix Compendium (?) has an
incomplete set of packages; check the port-amiga mailing list
archive about this.

Workaround: get the missing packages from an ftp site, or build them from
source.