Re: V1.4.1 Compile Problem

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 09:40:56AM -0700, Dennis Langenfeld wrote:
> 'make', as I did with the GENERIC compile instead of 'make AMIGA'.  If that
> is the case, why does it work with GENERIC but not my modified one?

Uhm....

you do NOT type "make AMIGA" to make your kernel.

registered developers type "make AMIGA" in the conf directory to regenerate
the AMIGA file from a changed GENERIC (same for DRACO), and then check it into
the tree.

Instead,
--------------------------------
config HOWYOURCONFIGFILEISCALLED
cd ../compile/HOWYOURCONFIGFILEISCALLED
make depend
make
--------------------------------

> Also, in the "Building 4.4BSD Kernals With Config" document, of the SMM
> set, it talks about these config file parameters that are not in the
> GENERIC:
>   machine
>   cpu
>   timezone
>   ident
> In NetBSD, are they ignored, or can/should they be used?

Most are used, mostly, in a fixed way. (Hint: look at the include directives.)
Don't touch. The SMM document is very out of date. Or rather, we had a lot
of changes since 4.4BSD.

> Finally, it would be REALLY GREAT if the ADOS file system would be made to
> be read/write!

You're welcome to contribute the code. I'll integrate it: :-)