Re: Upgrading to 1.4.1 from 1.3.2

On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 11:08:38AM -0500, Ben Bogart wrote:

> My system is highly Customized, what do i need to preserve for
> the 1.4.1 installation? for example I have an added directory in
> / as well as XDM config files and so fourth. Will these be overwritten
> when i upgrade? (The dir should not but what about XDM config
> files?) What's the difference Between the X in 1.3.2 and 1.4.1? is
> it worth upgrading those sets?

basically, save everything that you added over a raw install (*).

At least, all configuration files (including the X configuration files e.g.
in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/)

*) [If you need the system for Some Sort Of Real Work, make sure you
  can restore your system from some (tape?) archive and the old
  install floppy, before you even try changing this.]