xstreamtodev not finding devices

I have a A4000T with phase 5 powerup board.

I made three partitions to install netbsd on a drives connected to the
powerup scsi board.  I tried to use xstreamtodev to install the miniroot,
but it doesn't see my powerup scsi.  I also have a scsi tape and cdrom
connected to the A4000T internal scsi.

The only devices xstreamtodev is seeing are the partions on my ide drives.
Now it does show that it finds the cybppc.device
when using the verbose option.

If I invoke the early startup menu, the custom partitions I made for
netbsd show up there.

I had to used the partitioning tool that came with the powerup to make the
netbsd partitions.  Although I could make the partitions with the correct
IDs and so forth, I could not do reserve 16 blocks  for custom boot code,
as that option was not on phase5s software.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Fred