Clock problems

 The clock on my NetBSD box is going way too fast. It's gaining about
 one second every two minutes (about 8 minutes in 14 hours). The machine
 is not on a network, so timed or ntp as a solution are out. Any ideas,
 besides writing my own adjtime(2) daemon?

 I don't see this happening under AmigaDOS or Linux on the same machine
 (A3000 running NetBSD 1.4.1, RH Linux 5.1 kernel 2.2.x/2.3.x, AmiDOS 3.1).