Re: new disk for A3000..

Napisane 14-Gru-99 przez: Hĺkan Thörngren...

He, it seems that I am unusually active on this list recently... ;-)

>Hi!

[...]

>I am thinking about getting a new disk for it, a 9G would be nice, but
>how can I format and partition it?  Does the old Amiga HDToolBox
>support disks larger than 4G?  I have some pre AmigaDOS 2 kickstart in
>my machine.

I partitioned and am currently using an 8G drive for AmigaOS and NetBSD.
AmigaOS uses space below the 4G limit except the NetBSD's root parition that
occupy the last sectors within the 4G limit. Everything above is being used
by NetBSD. And yes, I did it using the "old" hdfoolbox of OS3.1. You probably
can do the same even if you need to e.g. map a 3.1 kick.rom image in order to
use the 3.1 tools. You just have to ignore some weird numbers you will get
about the drive's or partition's sizes (you may have them negative for
example) in hdtoolbox's point of view...

--
      / /
     / /