Re: X crash in 1.4

Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Yes. But it still might try to open another grf device additionally.
> Xamiga does this, if you dont tell it which grfs to use.

OK, I tried this, and the X server did not crash when I ran it explicityly on
/dev/grf3,  however, the screen is unusable, filled with a sort of a dot
pattern,
which fills the whole screen, and the hardware cursor  is corrupted.  Looks like
grf3 interface might have some serious issues, or perhaps something's wrong
with the
Xamiga server?.  I'm using the exact same grfconfig file that I was using with
1.3.2
where everything was fine.  Also, I have just reinstalled NetBSD 1.4 completely
from
scratch, to eliminate the possibility of some old files contaminating the
system,
and the problem persists, so it must be in the 1.4 distribution.   I'm wondering
whether the fact that EGCS is now being used for building the system might have
something to do with this?  Anyway, things are pretty messed up right now.  The
rest
of the system seems to be running ok, but I haven't really tried to do anything
with
it yet, other than bringing it up.

- Bo

p.s. what was the command to switch between the ite0 and ite3 consoles?  I
thought
it was iteconfig, but that doesn't seem to do it.  I'd like to try to bring up
X on
the custom chips to see if the problem occurs there as well, but I can't get to
that
screen.