Re: /var/run/ppp0.pid (was Re: Your mail)

Quoting Ben Bogart (b_bogart%portal.ca@localhost):
> How do I make sure that pppd always starts with the same pid? I tried putting
> an entry into /var/run/ but of course it was ereased at bootup, i alsp tried
> putting a pppd.pid in the /etc/ppp dir and still not luck.. Also in the pppd
> man page ones of the files listed is /var/run/ppp0.pid and i assume this is
> not the same as the pid for pppd. I want to have a constant pid so that i can
> stop ppp with a mouse click. (in fvwm)
No (or epsilon ;-) ) chance to have the same pid twice...
The pid will be stored in "/var/run/ppp0.pid" though, so that you
should always be able to stop `pppd' by issuing :
        $ kill `cat /var/run/ppp0.pid`

Jerome Lovy