Re: ext2fs partitions on Amiga

On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 05:41:42PM +0200, Inaki Saez wrote:
> Lars Hecking wrote:
> >
> > Ignatios Souvatzis writes:

> > > Is there any standard DOSTYPE Linux uses to mark ext2fs partitions in the
> > > RDB?
> >
> >   0x4C4E5800 (LNX\0) - for Linux native partitions (ie. ext2).
> >   0x53575000 (SWP\0) - for swap space.
>
> This is not true, as Linux does not recognize any DOSTYPE.
*sigh*

> The mentioned DOSTYPEs are only used in the installation process
> by 'fdisk', but not by the kernel or other disk utilities.
> But after installation they are not used any more.
> I have been using 'UNI\2' as the DOSTYPE of my Linux partitions
> that I want to mount under NetBSD

Well... as long as NetBSD allows you to open the partions, and mount some
filesystem, it is fine.

I made it recognized LNX\0 last-minute, and hope that will suit some of you.

Somebody should (remind me to) rewrite the translation function to something
table-driven, after 1.4.

Regards,
        Ignatios