Re: ext2fs partitions on Amiga

Lars Hecking wrote:

> Ignatios Souvatzis writes:
> > On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 08:06:37PM +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:
> >
> > >  I was never able to mount ext2 partitions.
> >
> > Is there any standard DOSTYPE Linux uses to mark ext2fs partitions in the
> > RDB?
>
>   0x4C4E5800 (LNX\0) - for Linux native partitions (ie. ext2).
>   0x53575000 (SWP\0) - for swap space.

This is not true, as Linux does not recognize any DOSTYPE.
The mentioned DOSTYPEs are only used in the installation process
by 'fdisk', but not by the kernel or other disk utilities.
But after installation they are not used any more.
I have been using 'UNI\2' as the DOSTYPE of my Linux partitions
that I want to mount under NetBSD