PPS040 vs Blizzard2060, problem with ttys?

Hi,

I recently upgraded my computer from using a PPS040 with a 68040 and 32MB
RAM to a B2060 with a 68060, also with 32MB. Other hardware is an A2000,
A2091 (but I use the 2060s scsi controller), PicassoIV and a MFCIII. The
computer worked perfectly with the PPS, both with my own and the generic
kernel.

To avoid trouble I changed my compiled kernel to the generic one, switched
the cards, booted and then tried to boot netbsd again. The boot process
went fine, I logged in and tried to start X, with no success. The machine
hung and nothing else happened. Logged in again and tried to use screen to
get virtual consoles, it hung again... No error messages, no nothing.

I suppose this has something with ttys to do, but I´m not sure. So, does
anyone know what might be wrong?

                                              - Anders -