identd error

Hello!

I'm having a problem connecting to irc-servers. All I get
when trying to connect a couple of messages that say "inetd:
main: accept. errno = 22" and "USER Not enough parameters".
I haven't had much trouble with anything else so far (exept(sp?)
in my own imagination -:(  But this really beats me..

The only change I've done in /etc/inetd.conf is uncommenting
the "identd"-line. I've set the appropriate env-variables
to match my dial-up account and irc-configuration. All seem to
be OK exept "USER". I have tried to set USER to "<user>" and
"<user>@<localip>", but neither is accepted. I have tried a
few different clients (ircII, tkirc and zircon), but the
problem remains (surprise)..

I am positively sure that I've done something wrong somewhere,
but what?

Thanks in advance.

I hope that it's nothing too serious, because I've grown very
fond of networking in NetBSD.

--

            /
           /  Kenneth Lind

Amiga1200/B1240/40MHz - 32MB   WB3.kludge   NetBSD 1.3.2 & X11R6
IRC & AmiComSys: Exil_B                           ICQ:  17802856