Re: Antwort: Re: blizzppc.device and NetBSD 1.3.2

> 1.) The toolchain (gcc, as, ld, etc.) shipped with NetBSD Amiga knows how
>     to create a.out m68k binaries. It doesn't know anything about other
>     CPUs or file formats (PPC uses ELF).

 This is one question which buggered me as well. How do the other PPC
ports actually work - with ELF on a.out emulation?

> Afterwards you'll have to rework all the Zorro II/III drivers to be machine
> indepent because the CPUs are quite different.

 Well - for a start you might write them machine dependent.

> And of course you'll need a complete new NetBSD loader for AmigaOS.

 From all of which this one is probably the easiest part.

--
Markus Illenseer
NetBSD 1.3.2 CD-ROM "Gateway! Vol. 3" now shipping!  See:  http://core.de/