Re: Antwort: Re: blizzppc.device and NetBSD 1.3.2

> But I think that just supporting blizzppc.device in the proper part of the
> NetBSD-distribution will do the effect.

 Partially correct. The part is called "kernel".

> Surely it is not necessary to make a complete PPC-port from scratch.

 Unless you want to use the PPC under NetBSD, no.

> In a perfect world there would be a patch, which would modify the miniroot.fs
> support my blizzppc.device.

 In the NetBSD/Amiga world, there is no such patch and miniroot.fs is the
wrong place - the kernel is the place to write the missing driver.

 Sorry - you are out of luck. Reading the INSTALL manual should have help
you to figure this out.

 You are welcome to donate your Blizzard PPC to someone who is willing to
write a driver - or start programming the driver yourself. In theory you
are right: a small patch, a small piece of code might be sufficient, as
the device is recognized already and the SCSI chip set is probably already
supported by NetBSD/Amiga for other SCSI adaptors.

 To make it sure you understood the subject as stated in the topic of this
mail: NetBSD/Amiga does overtake your Amiga. No native Amiga device driver
such as scsi.device is used at all or can be used for this purpose.

--
Markus Illenseer
NetBSD 1.3.2 CD-ROM "Gateway! Vol. 3" now shipping!  See:  http://core.de/