Re: BFFS 1.5

In article <768.7541T806T2390%ibm.net@localhost>,
        Georges Heinesch <ghmlist%ibm.net@localhost> writes:
> Quoting Stefan Hensen (24-Aug-98 09:34:35):
>
>>> I guess that the fsck operation on NetBSD startup (right after
>>> files were copied to a filesystem from AmigaOS) is quite normal and
>>> no reason to bother, right? This is probably because the clear flag
>>> is not set.
>
>> Yes, this seems to be the case.
>
> Which means that fsck is always run upon NetBSD startup if BFFS
> accessed the filesystem before, and this can be considered as
> absolutely normal and does not show some sort of corruption of the
> filesystem, right?

Yes. But i'd still recommend using some small transfer partition for BFFS.
When i had some kind of AmigaOS/NetBSD Mailgate on the same machine i accessed
my NetBSD partition quite often via BFFS. Despite the annoying fsck at boot
time i never had any data corruption.
But i never really trusted the BFFS so i used a small scratch partition,
which also reduced the time to fsck.

--
Mario Kemper
magick%bundy.lip.owl.de@localhost