Re: 1.3.2 Install Problems

Hi!

Ola Olsson wrote:
[..]
>I still am going nowhere with my NetBSD install. All HD parameters
>appear fine. This is what happens now:
>
>root device (default sd3a): sd3b
>dump device (default sd3b): none
>file system (default generic):
>root on sd3b
>root file system type: ffs
>First bad
>/: bad dir ino 4 at offset 0: mangled entry
>panic: bad dir
>stopped at 0xf2a0c:   unlk  a6
>
>This is after entering the swap partition as the root device. All HD
>parameters appear fine. Is there a problem with the minroot
>filesystem?

Looks like a trashed filesystem.  Two causes are possible:

  1. During your previous installation tries something was written
     to your swap partition (e.g. a core dump).  Solution: re-install
     the miniroot.fs and try again.

  2. Your miniroot.fs was damaged from the very beginning, maybe a
     transmission error.  Try to get another copy, install it, try
     again.

Yours,

    Michael B"ohnisch