Re: is this normal?

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998 19:37:14 +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> this is the key to the problem.
>
> Basically, for 68040 and 68060, you should compile your X server (and
> libraries
> used for it, and maybe all of X11) with the -m68040 (or -m68060) options.

I recompiled Xamiga with -m68060, but it didn't change very much.
But: I've been using a 14" monitor for a long time and now I've buyed
a 17" monitor. After that, I changed the resolution of my Spectrum
graphics card to a pixel frequency of 80 Mhz and then the problem with
the non responding Xserver got worse. I think, the CPU is used instead
of the graphics card's blitter to scroll text inside of xterms. If
that happens often, the kernel is waiting for the graphics ram  most
of the time and the Xserver is getting too less time.
Is that possible?

--
Joerg