Re: newer mozilla?

Todd Vierling <tv%NetBSD.ORG@localhost> writes:
> On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Michael L. Hitch wrote:
>
> : > Has anyone tried? How does the newer mozilla version 19980429 work
> : > on NetBSD/Amiga? (In other words, is it worth downloading?)
> :
> :   I did a brief test.
>
> Via the pkg system, where the necessary patches to get it running exist?

  This was using the pre-built packages on ftp.netbsd.org.

> :   mozilla-export seemed to run OK up to where I was trying to widen the
> : window.  At that point, it hung in a loop with increasing memory usage
> : until it finally trapped.  [I'm fairly certain this is what killed the
> : earlier moz-export after I got around the libutil problem.]
>
> Using Motif, lesstif-current, lesstif-0.84, or lesstif-0.83?

  Lesstif-0,84, also from the prebuilt package on ftp.netbsd.org.

> :   moz-export still gives me problems because it uses /usr/lib/libutil.so
> : instead of the lib/mozilla/libutil.so.
>
> If you compiled it from the pkg system, this problem is fixed there.  Grab
> pkgsrc and compile it from there.

  That's what Thorsten presumably did after the first go-around.

  Part of the problem may be from the way I was trying to run it, since
I don't have the disk space to really install the packages the way they
are intended to be installed.

  Also, I forgot to mention that this version of mozilla has the extra space
at the top of the window fixed (the earlier version of moz-export had that
big gap).

Michael
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA