Amiga X server and cv3d card

Greetings,

        I got a cv64/3d card the other day and I've been trying to do modes
        > 8 bit with no real luck. The 16 bit depths have a REALLY wacked
        out colormap that I can't seem to correct and the 24 bit modes
        are just black. The modes work Ok under ADOS in 16 and 24 so I'm
        wondering what voodoo I'm missing to tell the X server what to
        do?

        Also, it appears that the 1.3 cv64/3d driver panics if it isn't
        allowed to be console but is defined. It would be nice to be able
        to keep the native Amiga video as console and use the cv64/3d as
        a second head.

        Are any of the above quirks delt with in 1.3.1 or -current?

                -Rob