Re: NetBSD 1.3.1

> In article <199804030945.LAA01174%cauchy.cs.uni-bonn.de@localhost>,
> ignatios%theory.cs.uni-bonn.de@localhost (Ignatios Souvatzis) wrote:
>
> >What device is connected to scsi id 1?
>
> An old hard drive, a CDC model 94181-15 (324 Megs).

eeek, thats probably the culprit. Well...

> >Hm, ... try to call loadbsd with -I0200, to disable sync negotiation on that
> >target id completely.
>
> Yes, that works perfectly. Thanks!
> Can I use the same parameters on the bootblock prompt?

Yes.

however, to change the defaults parameters the bootblock uses, you have
to recompile it.

you need the comp(iler) binaries and the sys( = kernel) sources. The bootblock
is in /sys/arch/amiga/stand/boot/bootblock/. Look at the "main.c" file, the
initialization if the default_command[] array.
Change it , make, make install, then use
/usr/mdec/installboot /usr/mdec/xxboot /dev/rsd1a (in your case) from
single user mode (that is, after "shutdown now").

Regards,
        Ignatios