Re: Some questions

> Hi !
>
> 3 questions in any order:
>
> -1- Who work to the port of UVM on the m68k ? And on Amiga ?

Jason Thorpe has done a prototype of MACHINE_NEW_NONCONTIG for the hp300,
(MNN is needed for UVM) and cleaned up the UVM/MNN support implementation
on the mvme68k. I've taken both and created a MNN for Amiga, which I'm
currently testing and which I will commit soon. After this has been in-tree
and compiled/run by a few other people, I guess it will be time to add UVM
support.

> -2- I have made some translation of the contents, hardware, legal & whatis
>     files in /usr/src/distrib/notes/amiga (the easier part ;-). How to
>     integrate them into the sources ?

Uhm, this needs more thought. The stuff is created by CPP-ing it into
common parts, remember?

> -3- During translation, I think we need to update some things like :
>   - The Ariadne driver problem is resolved.

No, it is not.

At least, it is not in 1.3 and 1.3.1, and if I won't get a 2nd report about
how The Patch works for the other people with or without "the Ariadne problem",
it shouldn't be "fixed" using this patch in 1.3.2, either. At least it should
not be announced as being fixed.

This is because:

* nobody has proven yet that it doesn't break other parts of the driver
[Actually, I'm sure we don't break anything with The Patch, because the problem
The Patch fixes is well understood and easy to fix. So I guess we'll put it
into 1.3.2, anyway.]

- nobody has proven yet that it fixes any Ariadne problem but the one Thorsten
Frueauf was seeing (who provided the only in-depth debug information).
We don't _know_ it is just _one_ Ariadne problem. We just _guess_.

>   - We need to re-think about disk space recommended for NetBSD, src and X11.

Write it up please... looks like you have recommendations ready ;-)
In fact, this should go into 1.3.2, if we finish it in time.

>   - legal is not up-to-date (I think, but not sure).
>   - and some other changes (in fact, we should to re-read theses files and
>     update them if need).

Again, if you have changes, submit them.