Re: Error while compiling 1.3 kernel

 > Assembler message:
 > /var/tmp/[tempfile]: 814: Error: "instruction/operand mismatch" --
 > Statement 'pmove a0@,srp' ignored
 > /var/tmp/[tempfile]: 819: Error: "instruction/operand mismatch" --
 > Statement 'pmove a0@,tc' ignored
 > *** Error code 1
 > Stop.
 > Is there anything I can do about it, or should I fetch another
 > 'amiga_init.c' and try again?

No, simply, in amiga_init.c there are 68030 assembly commands, and, since you
gave the -m68040 option, it refuses them.

I had the same problem some time ago, I solved it by enclosing the offending
part of the source between ifdefs, which isn't exactly state of the art, but
works ;-)
Another, perhaps better, solution is to add "-Wa,-m68030", which is the default
for 68060, and simply makes the assembler belive it's assembling for a 68030.

Guido Falsi   +-|-