Re: loadbsd -Z option required

In a message of 02-Mar-98 21:58:44, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Georges Heinesch wrote:

>> My Amiga 3000, CyberVision 64, 16 MB FastRAM doesn't boot when
>> using "loadbsd netbsd" to startup (gray screen, locked computer). I
>> have to use the "-Z" option, which puts the kernel to the ChipRAM.

> Can you please connect a serial terminal, or other computer with
> a terminal program, to the serial port, at 9600 bps, 8N1, and see
> if it gives you an error message?

Technically, I don't have the possibility to do that.

But this problem disappeared after I installed the CyberStorm MKII 060
with 128 MB FastRAm on that card (146 MB in total).

But now, with the installed CyberStorm MKII, the installation hangs
just before the archives are supposed to be untarred (just after the
nfs installation) with a FATAL error (described in a different mail).

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei%ibm.net@localhost - geohei%geocities.com@localhost

... Amiga - Why use Windows, since there is a door ...