Re: NetBSD 1.3 - X on P-IV

On 15-Feb-98, Fergus O'Hea wrote:

>Does anyone know if the Picasso IV support in the latest
>NetBSD release includes hardware acceleration for
>scrolling, blitting, etc?

A comment in grf_cl.c states that blitter support is still to be done.
That would explain why text scrolling is so slow.

>X seems a lot slower now than it did under 1.2...

I thought it might have been because of 68060 exceptions, but recompiling
with -m68060 didn't appreciably speed it up.  I think it's mainly the lack of
blitter support which slows it down.

 - David Meiklejohn