Bootloader behaviour (Was: Re: Various things)

Alessio from Italy.
> [...] would like to know:
>
> 1- If I boot NetBSD1.3 from AmigaDOS, with 'LoadBSD -aA netbsd', on startup I
> have 1669 free mem pages, when I boot NetBSD1.3 from its bootblock after a
> reset I have 1624 free mem pages: why this and not viceversa?

My best guess: the former didn't include the full kernel symbol table, the
latter, per default, does. (You need the kernel symbol table if you want to
use the in-kernel "ddb" debugger).

If you would 'loadbsd -aAS netbsd', you would get 1624, too.
If you would tell the bootblock to 'netbsd -A', you would get 1669, too.

Regards,
        Ignatios Souvatzis