Re: More than 128 MB process data size?

Hi Bernd,

> How do I get the kernel to accept a maximum process data size greater than
> 128 MByte?

Set the USRSTACK to more the 0x0e000000, by editing
/sys/arch/amiga/include/vmparam.h,
then recompile the kernel.

You might also need to set

options NKMEMCLUSTERS=512

or even bigger.

> As a related question, what do I have to change in the kernel configuration to
> be able to use more than 64 MB of physical memory?

Contrary to popular believe, your Problem is NOT directly connected to
more than 64 MB of RAM.

Rather, anything that makes the kernel virtual size too big (like: lots
of options / drivers compiled in, lots of non-Z2 Zorro boards inserted,
a big file buffer cache) might trigger it.

The file buffer cache scales, normally, to between 5 and 10% of total
memory, so your memory indirectly triggers the problem.

Fix: Compile a kernel with bigger NKMEMCLUSTERS.

        Ignatios Souvatzis