Re: problem with fsck under 1.3, can't install

Hi Matthias,

> In article <199801162308.AAA00891%acrasia.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de@localhost>,
>       Joern Clausen <joern%TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE@localhost> writes:
> > But do I understand you right: The problems should appear for machines
> > with memories of 64 MB and larger?
>
> Yes.

No.

You can have it with less memory and a few BIG Z3 devices, for example.

And: the problem is not main memory size per se, its the 5% of main
memory which gets added to the kernel as buffer space (if you dont
change the formula, or provide your own values. See man 4 options).

> > But I have a problem using two segments, which still seems to be a
> > different thing.
>
> Two segments should work, at least they do for me (24MB on CS MK II 040ERC,
> 8MB on Z3 Fastlane). Could you please try to compile a new kernel
> "options NKMEMCLUSTERS=1024"?

This one should work for Joern, yes.

Regards,
        Ignatios