more memory or new video card to improve performance?

You all seem to know better than I about these things.  If I want X to
perform better on my A3000, should I buy more memory or a new video board?
"Luvthang" has 16MB Fast and 2MB Chip RAM.  It has only the native A3000
video hardware.

If the answer is to buy a new video board, does it matter which one as long
as I buy one of those supported by NetBSD-Amiga/X?