ftp'ing files

I had a very odd problem when trying to upgrade to NetBSD/Amiga 1.3.
I downloaded all files fine, except the files xcontrib.tgz, which
caused my connection to drop, with each server I tried with, and each ftp
client, although i did get the split xcontrib.aa, so that isn't a big
deal.  however, xsrc.tgz, gnusrc.tgz, and src.tgz all three just stop
transferring after a while.  Did anybody else have this problem?
I tried ftp'ing from within bsd, and from different servers, but it still
does it.  On another note, i've been downloading a lot of source, for stuff,
and was wondering, does anybody have a page that lists readily available
source packages that will compile pretty easily on NEtBSD-Amiga?  I WOULD
be willing to do this, if there's interest.

jeff