Re: problem with fsck under 1.3, can't install

> In article <199801151512.QAA12064%voliere.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de@localhost>,
>       Joern Clausen <joern%TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE@localhost> writes:
> > Great, now I can use 1.3, but I can't use the memory I bought especially
> > for NetBSD.
>
> How much fast memory does your system have all together? A friend of
> mine had trouble, too, if he tried to use more than 64MB.
>
> That problem is caused by kernel map which is kept very small to get
> NetBSD Amiga run on 4MB systems. Somehow I don't understand why it's
> more important to support systems which will work lousy under NetBSD
> than the ones which are really suitable.

Because you can tell the bootloader to pretend you have less memory (say,
only 40 Megs: -m40960, like me on my BIG machine) and build a kernel with
a bigger table easily... while people on a 68030/16 machine with 8 megs
would need much longer to build a kernel which doesn't take 2 megs away.

Regards,
        Ignatios