Re: problem with fsck under 1.3, can't install

> > loadbsd doesn't work, I have to use gobsd. When I disable sync, the first
> > harddisk (Quantum Fireball, containing NetBSD) is not detected. So I'm
> > rather restricted at this point. And if it had something to do with
> > (a)synchronos transfer, I doubt I could mount all my partitions and use
> > them. It is really just fsck that fails.
>
> boot to singleuser-mode, fsck -f the partitions in question, then reboot.
> Tell if it helped.

Nope. The output is always (i.e. with any option to fsck)

# fsck /dev/sd0a
** /dev/rsd0a

and that's it. I even tried the fsck from 1.2, but esentially with the
same result. I really wonder what this "v" means and where it comes from.
I don't think it's garbled output of an otherwise working fsck (e.g.
due to weired terminal settings), because there is no disk activity.

If I had to convert the filesystem with "fsck -c", the INSTALL document
would tell me, right? I'm rather sure I have only filesystems of the
"new" type. If this matters and could be the reason: which line from
dumpfs will tell me this?

--
     Joern Clausen                  email:
joern%TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE@localhost