Network Address Translation

I just upgraded my Amiga to NetBSD 1.3 and got ppp running a few days
ago.  Since I have a local (fake) network, I would like to get
internet access from the other machines on the network.  This has
never worked before, but with the new ipfilter package I have the
impression that it can be done.
So far, I have recompiled the kernel to make the Amiga a gateway, IP
packets from other machines now causes transmit blinks on the modem,
but nothing comes back.  I have configured ipnat with a line
similar to (I am at work now):
map ppp0 n.n.n.n/24 -> 0/32
where n.n.n.n is the IP address for the ethernet on the Amiga.  The 0
is from the BASIC.NET example file, I get different IP addresses for
each login.  I have also tried to replace 0 with my dynamically
allocated IP address on ppp0, and the IP address for the other side of
ppp0, but it just won't work.  What am I missing?